5 tips to help you successfully translate your next HR or procurement need.
Incorrectly translated materials such as manuals, procedure documents, benefits information and order forms can have a major impact on your organization’s efficiency, culture and profit.
Here are five things you need to know about translating your human resources and procurement materials:
- Seek a language service provider with someone else’s stamp of approval. We’re ISO-9001 certified, so you can feel confident in our processes. And the Common Sense Advisory Board rates us among the top 40 companies in several categories. Perhaps most importantly, 80 percent of our customers are repeat business.
- Don’t rely on a machine. Machine translations are inexpensive but not entirely accurate, so can’t be relied upon to do your entire project.
- Translation memory can save you money. Look for companies who use CAT (computer-assisted translation) tools that build translation memories (secure databases) of your human translations. These bring up suggestions of previous work which can help your translator work faster and save you money on subsequent projects.
- Have it localized. With localization, you know your translation will carry the same weight and meaning from one language to another.
- Look for a partner with experience that matches your need. We’re well-versed in the details and nuances needed to successfully translate your message — like the time we helped a growing food processing company with 4,000 employees accurately translate crucial compliance and safety materials for its employees who speak the rare languages of Marshallese and Chuukese (only a few thousand people speak these languages worldwide, and we know how to reach them).
At Affordable Language Services, we’ll help you avoid translation pitfalls, and with our deep bench strength in linguistics and project management, we’ll ensure your words are accurately translated for the audience that needs to hear them.
We’ll translate your first project free – up to 1,000 words. Let’s talk!