A perfect job for someone who wants a flexible work schedule and good pay
We are based in the Greater Cincinnati area and provide on-site interpreting services locally, nationwide and in international locations. Our interpreters work part-time as Independent Contractors. This is a perfect job for someone who wants a flexible work schedule and good pay.
- At least a high school education, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- The ability to speak English and at least one other language at a fluent level
- Have specialized knowledge (medical or legal terminology) due to work or educational experience
- Willing to be trained in medical or legal interpreting (offered periodically in Cincinnati for a fee)
- Sensitive to cultures other than your own
- Legally able to work in the United States
- Willing to do screening including: TB test, drug test, and FBI background check
- Able to provide documentation of MMR/Varicella immunizations
- Experienced interpreters preferred
Assessors: Language Experts Needed: Japanese, Nepali, Vietnamese
Affordable Language Services is the leading provider of medical interpreters in the Tri-State area. Due to the growth of certain languages spoken in our area, we need to hire more interpreters.
We are looking for part-time, contract-based positions for people who can conduct oral and written language assessments on applicants. We will pay per assessment; these can be conducted remotely from your home office. We need people to conduct oral and written language evaluations in the following languages:
The evaluator must be able to speak, read and write the language in which he/she is evaluating to check for accuracy, meaning, omissions, etc. Reports need to be written in English.
Some of the credentials/qualifications that we are looking for are:
- College degree
- Effective communication skills
Knowledge of the English and target language grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Interpreting knowledge of code of ethics and standards of practice is preferred but not required.
- Interpreting and translation experienced preferred
If you are interested on this position, please send us your resume to Elba@affordablelanguages.com, fax it to 513-793 4755 or mail it to 4350 Glendale Milford Road, Suite 230 Cincinnati, OH 45242
In Their Own Words
Thinking of becoming an Interpreter. We have over 500 active interpreters in the Cincinnati area and need more to keep up with the growth of our company. We asked some of our interpreters to explain why they love being an interpreter and working with Affordable Languages.
Listen to experienced interpreters in their native language. We have Spanish, Arabic, Nepali, Turkish, and Chinese videos.
Thanks and if you have any questions, call us at 1-866-745-9888!